Check out our Blog!
Matthew Brown, Communications Program Manager
Matthew oversees the City's press communications and public relations activities.
Deanna Gescheider, Director of Communications and Community Engagement
Deanna directs the Department of Communications and Community Engagement, this includes overseeing and managing strategic direction for the City's: media relations, print and new communications, television production and web services.
- January 28, 2015 Reno City Council Highlights
Council unanimously approved a reduction of a portion of Center Street, from Virginia Street to Cheney Street, from two travel lanes to one to allow for additional on-street parking.
01/28/2015 7:11 PMdetail
- American Heart Association to present City of Reno with two healthy worksite awards
On Wednesday, January 28, 2015, the American Heart Association will recognize the City of Reno as a Fit-Friendly Gold Level Award winner and Community Innovation Award winner.
01/27/2015 8:51 AMdetail
- City Council Prelights for January 28, 2015
In our ongoing commitment to keep citizens informed, we’ve spotlighted a few key Agenda items for the January 28, 2015 Reno City Council Meeting.
01/26/2015 3:15 PMdetail
- First Lady and Mayors "Go Red" to fight heart disease
On February 4, 2015, Nevada First Lady Kathleen Sandoval, Reno Mayor Hillary Schieve, and other community leaders will join the Reno Go Red For Women committee at Reno City Hall for a press conference to kick off American Heart Month.
01/26/2015 3:01 PMdetail
- Registration deadline extended for the Reno/Tahoe Senior Winter Games
The deadline to register for the 2015 Reno/Tahoe Senior Winter Games has been extended to Friday, January 30, 2015. The original deadline was today (January 23).
01/23/2015 12:34 PMdetail
- Upcoming workshop to educate public about innovative financing programs
An Alternative Financing Workshop will be held next week at Reno City Hall. The purpose of the forum is to provide information about innovative financing programs that are available to the public.
01/20/2015 3:44 PMdetail
- Reno Mayor Hillary Schieve to attend the 83rd Winter Meeting of the United States Conference of Mayors
Nearly 300 of the nation’s mayors will convene tomorrow in Washington, D.C. to engage with Administration officials, Congressional leaders, and business leaders. Among them is Reno Mayor Hillary Schieve, who was elected in November 2014.
01/20/2015 3:24 PMdetail
- City of Reno offices closed on January 19
The City of Reno administrative offices at Reno City Hall (1 East First Street) will be closed on Monday, January, 19, 2015 in observance of Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday.
01/16/2015 10:25 AMdetail
- City Manager announces appointments at the City of Reno
Reno City Manager Andrew Clinger has announced the appointment of two staff members in the City Manager’s Office.
01/15/2015 10:36 AMdetail
- January 14, 2015 Reno City Council Highlights
Council unanimously approved the appointment of Gailmarie Pahmeier as the first Poet Laureate for the City of Reno. Reno is the first jurisdiction in the State of Nevada to have a Poet Laureate.
01/14/2015 6:04 PMdetail
- Homeless teens and young adults to be counted in Reno on January 29
Build Our Center and Nevada Youth Empowerment Project are coordinating the 24-hour “2015 Homeless Youth Point in Time Count” beginning at 12:01 a.m. on January 29, 2015 at the West Street Plaza.
01/13/2015 5:15 PMdetail
- City Council Prelights for January 14, 2015
In our ongoing commitment to keep citizens informed, we’ve spotlighted a few key Agenda items for the January 14, 2015 Reno City Council Meeting.
01/13/2015 8:59 AMdetail
- USBC, RSCVA, and City of Reno approve revision of tournament hosting agreement
Key changes include shifting the USBC Open and Women’s Championships back to their historical rotation of visiting Reno once every three years, adjusting the site fee and extending the completion date for renovations at the National Bowling Stadium (NBS).
01/12/2015 3:11 PMdetail
- Reno Fire Department reminds residents to take safety precautions around ice
The Reno Fire Department would like to remind anyone who enjoys outdoor winter activities of the importance of safety when around ice. Under no circumstances should residents attempt to walk or drive on rivers, lakes, ponds, or any other body of water that is iced over.
01/09/2015 4:50 PMdetail
- Registration is open for the Reno/Tahoe Senior Winter Games
The 2015 Reno/Tahoe Senior Winter Games start on Monday, February 2, 2015 (the day after the Super Bowl) and conclude on Saturday, February 14, 2015 with the Valentine’s Day Dinner and Dance event.
01/09/2015 9:55 AMdetail
- Event raises awareness about the impacts of human trafficking
On Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 3 p.m. the Junior League of Reno (JLR) will host a compelling community event, "Out of the Darkness and Into the Light," to raise awareness about the local impacts of human trafficking.
01/08/2015 4:14 PMdetail
- January 7, 2015 Reno City Council Highlights
In a Special Meeting of the Reno City Council held today, Council unanimously approved to amend the existing contract between the Reno-Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority (RSCVA), the City of Reno, and United States Bowling Congress (USBC).
01/07/2015 1:38 PMdetail
- City Council Prelights for January 7, 2015
A Special Meeting of the Reno City Council has been scheduled for January 7, 2015 starting at noon on the first floor of City Hall.
01/05/2015 1:21 PMdetail
- Start a new business in the New Year
Find out what you don’t know, and get face-to-face with some knowledgeable resources, during the next "Assess – License – Launch" workshop on Friday, January 9, 2015 from 7:15 to 9 a.m.
01/05/2015 10:48 AMdetail
- Reno Citizens Institute registration open until end of month
Residents of Reno, Sparks, and/or Washoe County are encouraged to register now for the spring session of the award-winning Reno Citizens Institute (RCI) program provided by the City of Reno.
01/02/2015 12:05 PMdetail