Check out our Blog!
Officer Tim Broadway, Public Information and Community Engagement
Officer Broadway oversees the RPD's public information and community engagement activities.
Office phone: 775-334-3850
Cell phone: 775-870-6832
- RPD Media Update Monday, August 31, 2015
08/31/2015 11:01 AMdetail
- Reno Police Department announces Community Graffiti Clean Up and River Beautification Day
The Reno Police Department’s Graffiti Enforcement Team (GET) is organizing a Community Graffiti Clean Up and River Beautification Day in downtown Reno this Saturday, August 29, 2015 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
08/27/2015 2:48 PMdetail
- RPD Media Update Wednesday, August 26, 2015
08/26/2015 9:39 AMdetail
- RPD Media Update Tuesday, August 25, 2015
08/25/2015 10:04 AMdetail
- RPD Media Update Monday, August 24, 2015
08/24/2015 10:36 AMdetail
- Reno Police want to thank the community for their patience during Carson Deputy’s funeral services
Earlier today the men and women for the Reno Police Department joined government dignitaries, families, friends, members of our community and hundreds of law enforcement officers from across the nation to pay their respects to Carson City Sheriff’s Deputy Carl Howell who was killed in the line of duty last weekend.
08/20/2015 3:07 PMdetail
- Suspect from Reno murder arrested in Southern California
Last week the Reno Police Department released information to the community on a homicide investigation from a murder that occurred in Reno on April 14, 2015.
08/19/2015 3:24 PMdetail
- RPD Media Update Wednesday, August 19, 2015
08/19/2015 9:43 AMdetail
- Street closures and restrictions for Deputy Carl Howell’s funeral
On Thursday, August 20, 2015, the funeral procession for Carson City Sheriff’s Deputy Carl Howell will begin in Carson City at 9 a.m. and end at the Reno Events Center, located at 400 North Center Street in downtown Reno. Howell was killed in the line of duty early Saturday morning on August 15.
08/18/2015 12:19 PMdetail
- RPD Media Update Tuesday, August 18, 2015
08/18/2015 10:02 AMdetail
- Reno Citizens Institute registration open until September 9
Residents of Reno, Sparks, and/or Washoe County are encouraged to register now for the fall session of the award-winning Reno Citizens Institute (RCI) program provided by the City of Reno. The registration deadline is September 9, 2015.
08/17/2015 4:25 PMdetail
- RPD Media Update Monday, August 17, 2015
08/17/2015 11:26 AMdetail
- Reno Police Officers to receive Nathan Hale Heroism Award from Cal-Neva-HA Kiwanis Foundation for saving woman in a wheelchair from her burning apartment
At approximately 0530 am on January 5, 2014, Reno Police Officers Ira Coffey and Michael Hicks were dispatched to the report of an apartment fire in the 700 block of Aitken Street in Central Reno.
08/13/2015 10:15 AMdetail
- RPD Media Update Wednesday, August 12, 2015
08/12/2015 10:17 AMdetail
- Suspect in Monday morning robbery being sought by Reno Police
At about 630 am on Monday August 10, 2015, a man entered the Dotty’s Casino on North Hills Boulevard in North Reno, presented a handgun and demanded money from the clerk.
08/11/2015 3:00 PMdetail
- RPD Media Update Tuesday, August 11, 2015
08/11/2015 10:57 AMdetail
- Reno Police Detectives looking for man and woman involved in Homicide in Reno
Shortly before 3 pm, on April 14, 2015, Reno Police Dispatch received a 911 call from a woman who found her boyfriend lying on the floor of their residence in the 200 block of Crampton Street with a gunshot wound to the left side of his body.
08/10/2015 4:31 PMdetail
- RPD Media Update Monday, August 10, 2015
08/10/2015 9:56 AMdetail
- Final safety statistics for Hot August Nights 2015
This last week Reno was filled with thousands of people enjoying classic cars, a little nostalgia, and various events for Hot August Nights. The Reno Police Department's final safety statistics for the 2015 Hot August Nights have been collected and are as follows.
08/09/2015 1:55 PMdetail
- Annual Victim Assistance Academy of Nevada (VAAN) Kicks Off Next Week
The State of Nevada Division of Child and Family Services (DCFS) received a multi-year grant from the United States Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, and Office for Victims of Crime (OVC) to design and implement a training academy for Victim Service providers in our state.
08/06/2015 3:55 PMdetail