The City of Reno has a Council-Manager form of government. This means that the Mayor and City Council make policy decisions, and the staff, led by the City Manager, implements these decisions.
View City Departments to learn more about the services and programs provided. Or, you can search for information by using the search box near the top of this webpage.
Get Involved within your community and city government!
Holidays (City Hall will be closed on these days)
- New Year's Day: January 1
- Martin Luther King Day: Third Monday in January
- Washington's Birthday: Third Monday in February
- Memorial Day: Last Monday in May
- Independence Day: July 4
- Labor Day: First Monday in September
- Nevada Day: Last Friday in October
- Veteran's Day: November 11
- Thanksgiving Day: Fourth Thursday in November
- Family Day: Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day: December 25
When January 1, July 4, November 11 or December 25 falls on a Saturday, the preceding Friday is the observed legal holiday. If these days fall on Sunday, the following Monday is the observed legal holiday.